Simply delicious broccoli soup.
I think we are all holding on to that last bits of winter, hoping she will stay a little longer.
This broccoli soup has been a winter favorite. My go- to soup, simply delicious and easy to make.
- 1kg Country Butcher Broccoli (On special this week for R24.95/kg)
- 2 Big onions
- 1 Big potato
- Olive oil
- Smoked paprika
- 250 ml Sour Cream (I love the Lancewood extra thick)
- Chicken stock
- White pepper
- Chop the onions and fry in olive oil until golden brown.
- Add the chopped potato and broccoli florets (I only use the florets and not the stem)
- Add chicken stock with 600ml water
- Flavour with salt, white pepper and a sprinkle of smoked paprika.
- Close the lid of your pot and let it boil for 10 – 15min.
- Use a blender to create your desired texture.
- Add the sour cream. Stir well and serve with a warm ciabatta.